By Alexander Miller, consultant in international politics, for Eurasia Business News – April 21, 2022
The Russian Foreign Ministry banned today 29 Americans from entering in Russia “in response to the ever-expanding anti-Russian sanctions.” Among the people included in the blacklist, which is published on the website of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris and the head of Meta Platforms Inc. (recognized in Russia as extremist) Mark Zuckerberg.
These American citizens cannot anymore enter into the Russian Federation. The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs added that “in the near future” the black list will be replenished with some more U.S. citizens, as “countermeasures to hostile actions of the US authorities.”
The following names are blacklisted by the Russian government :
- Kamala Devi Harris – Vice President of the United States;
- Kathleen Holland Hicks – First Deputy Secretary of Defense;
- Christopher Watson Grady – Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff;
- John Francis Kirby – Deputy Secretary of Defense, Spokesperson for the Department of Defense;
- Ronald Klain – White House Chief of Staff;
- Evan Maureen Ryan – Secretary of the Presidential Cabinet, wife of Secretary of State E. Blinken;
- Margaret Goodlander – Advisor to the Secretary of Justice, wife of Assistant to the President for National Security John Sullivan;
- Douglas Craig Emhoff – husband of Vice President Charles Harris;
- Robert Kagan – political scientist, husband of Senior Deputy Secretary of State W. Nuland;
- Edward Price – Spokesperson for the Department of State;
- Richard/Rachel Levine – Deputy Minister of Health;
- Brian Thomas Moynihan – Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Bank of America;
- Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is the co-founder and chairman of the board of directors of Meta (formerly Facebook);
- Kathy Warden is President and CEO of Northrop Grumann Corporation;
- Phebe Novakovic – President of General Dynamics;
- Michael Petters is President of Huntington Ingalls Industries;
- William Brown – President of Al-3 Harris Technologies;
- Wahid Nawabi – President of Aeronment;
- Roger Krone – President of Leidos;
- Horacio Rozanski – President of Booz Allen Hamilton;
- Eilee Drake – President of Aerojet Rocketdyne;
- David Deptua is Head of the Mitchell Institute of Aerospace Stadias;
- Ryan Roslansky– Chief Executive Officer of Linkedin;
- George Robert Stephanopoulos is a host for ABC;
- Matthew Kroenig – Deputy Director of the NGO “B. Scowcroft Center for Strategic Security”;
- David Reynolds Ignatius – journalist, expert at the Wilson Center;
- Edward Acevedo is a former member of the Illinois State Legislature and an expert at the Wilson Center;
- Kevin Rothrock – expert of the Wilson Center, editor-in-chief of the English version of the media portal “Medusa”;
- Bianna Vitalievna Golodryga is a senior international analyst at CNN.
Read also : How will Russia respond to Western sanctions ?
Yesterday, on April 20, the United States, as part of a new package of sanctions, imposed restrictive measures on the First Deputy Chairman of the Bank of Russia Ksenia Yudaeva, Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank Mikhail Alekseev and Deputy Finance Minister Vladimir Kolychev. In addition to them, another 27 people and 40 Russian legal entities were also blacklisted.
Read also : U.S. Treasury Imposed Sanctions on Members of Russian Duma and Sberbank CEO
Russia launched a military operation in the morning of February 24, with the official goal to “demilitarize Ukraine”, remove the Ukrainian government and protect the right of Russians living in Donbass, Eastern Ukraine. In a televised address to Russian citizens, President Vladimir Putin stated that circumstances “require decisive and immediate action from us, the people’s republics of Donbass have asked for help.”
The Kremlin continues voicing that Moscow’s plans do not include the occupation of Ukrainian territories. The Russian goals would be “demilitarization and denazification” of the country.
Ukraine and its Western partners sees the Russian military operation as an invasion and imposed strong strong sanctions against Russian state officials, banks, companies and oligarchs, to put pressure on the Russian government and lead it to a ceasefire and a withdrawal from Ukraine.
Thank you for being among our readers.
Our community already has nearly 50,000 followers !
Sign up to receive our latest articles, it’s free !
Support us by sharing our publications !
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
© Copyright 2022 – Eurasia Business News